ePay: Online Payments
Welcome to the Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates Patient ePay Service. If you would like to make a payment on your balance, please click on the link to be directed to our secure payment site provided by ZirMed.
Before Your Visit
- AGA participates in most health plans; however you should know the following about your specific plan:
- If the physician and facility are in-network
- If the physician is at your preferred tier level
- Your annual deductible
- Your office visit co-payment
- If a referral is required
- Coordinate all required referrals with your primary care physician and submit to your AGA physician at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- AGA will submit primary, secondary and tertiary claims on your behalf as long as the information needed to process the claim is obtained and verified before your visit. If this information is obtained after your visit, the patient or guarantor is responsible for the balance.
- AGA accepts Medicare, Medicaid and most insurances offered in Georgia. For more payment and insurance information see the Payment Information section below.
Understanding your Healthcare Coverage
Understanding your health care coverage is important before scheduling any medical appointment. Each carrier and individual plan has a unique combination of benefits to help cover various portions of your healthcare costs.
AGA has created two guides that may help you ask the right questions and fully understand your unique healthcare benefits prior to an office visit or procedure at one of our facilities.
Understanding Colonoscopy Categories and Insurance Coverage
The Affordable Care Act, passed in March 2010, allows for several preventive services, such as colonoscopies, to be covered at no cost to patients. However, strict guidelines are used to define the type of colonoscopies our physicians perform: preventive (screening), diagnostic, or surveillance. Even if your primary care physician has recommended that you get a screening colonoscopy, ‘screening’ may not be the category ultimately assigned to your procedure.
To help you better understand the different categories and how your insurance benefits may be applied, please read the following document. It explains how your scheduled colonoscopy will be defined based on the various CPT medical codes and how your insurance company, Medicare, or Medicaid will interpret those codes.
What You Need To Know
For those who do not have health insurance, who are underinsured, or who wish to pay without filing for insurance coverage, it’s difficult to determine the true cost of healthcare services – such as a colonoscopy.
Atlanta Gastroenterology Associates offers discounted rates for patients paying out-of-pocket. Most self-pay rates even include all associated fees – physician, facility, pathology, and anesthesia – so you can make an educated and confident decision about your digestive healthcare.
We request that payment be made in full at the time of service. Our services can also be paid with flexible and health savings accounts (e.g. FSA, HSA).
Note: If you choose to use our self-pay option, no insurance will be filed.
Some common services include:
- Self-Pay Office Visit
- New Patient – $225
- Established Patient – $125
- Self-Pay Procedure at an AGA-affiliated Endoscopy Center
- Colonoscopy – $1,500
- EGD/Upper GI Endoscopy – $1,300
Please review our comprehensive list of self-pay rates below.