Summary of Duties:
Provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients within the endoscopy center in accordance with physician’s orders, recognized nursing techniques, legal aspects of current nurse practice in the State of Georgia and the Center’s policies and procedures. Is responsible for planning, executing and evaluating the nursing care given to patients. Will have contact with the patient in each phase of his experience. Must be self-directed and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Maybe required to travel to a sister center.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Current State license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Experience in GI endoscopy preferred.
- Membership in GI specialty or other local, state, or national professional societies encouraged.
- Maintains Basic Cardiac Life Support certification. ACLS certification is recommended, but optional.
- Completion of Airway Management Module is required prior to administering IV conscious sedation. Score of 100% on conscious sedation module post-test.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Staff Nurse must be able to:
- Possesses the ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
- Displays a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude
- Possesses compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated by the Imaging and Infusion Manager
- Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in-person
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
Ability to work under stress. Moderate periods of sitting and computer use. Good visual acuity. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel sensation to discern temperature, texture, size, and shape. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time, lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Apply for this Position
To apply for a position at Atlanta Gastro, fill out the information below. Then, fill out the information below. Please upload your resume/CV and your completed Employment Application PDF. Once you have finished this job requisition, hit ‘Submit’.
AGA, LLC is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, military or veteran status, gender, color, or national origin in its employment practices.