Summary of Duties:
Check patients in as stated in policy and procedure manual, collect and post payment per front desk training manual. Update patient information as needed in Centricity. Alert nurses of patient arrivals; ensure patient has a ride home with an adult. Prepare charts for procedures. Contributes to the overall function of the unit by being responsible for all clerical duties, some housekeeping chores, and nursing errands as designated.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Meet and greet, assure that nurses are aware that patient is in the waiting area/needs assistant.
- Handles patient and visitors concerns in a courteous manner, relays the information to the appropriate person as necessary
- Maintains pleasant environment by restocking supplies, maintaining equipment, and promoting a neat appearance to the area.
- Answer telephone, takes and communicates messages to the appropriate party.
- Assists with admission/discharge procedures as directed.
- Make pre-procedure calls.
- Initiates the medical record for all admission.
- Update patient and insurance information if necessary.
- Assists in retrieval of necessary patient information, equipment, and supplies.
- Maintains clean and orderly waiting area; coordinates patient movement, reports problems or irregularities to Office Manager
- Ensure that all documents to referring physicians are sent out.
- Must be able to successfully cross-train to perform other tasks in the endoscopy center
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or the equivalent or MA, certificate. Able to follow written and verbal direction involving policy and procedure pertinent to patient care. Should possess a willingness to expand range of skills to include minor procedures and data entry. Communicate effectively with patient, family, and professional staff.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Receptionist must be able to:
- Possesses the ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
- Displays a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude
- Possesses compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated by the Office Manager
- Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in-person
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
Mental demands include the ability to handle several directives, set priorities, composure and mental stability to adapt to stressful situations. Physical demands include full range of body motion including handling and lifting files and light equipment, manual and finger dexterity, and eye and hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time, lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 25 pounds; requires correct vision and hearing to normal range; requires working under stressful conditions.
Apply for this Position
To apply for a position at Atlanta Gastro, fill out the information below. Then, fill out the information below. Please upload your resume/CV and your completed Employment Application PDF. Once you have finished this job requisition, hit ‘Submit’.
AGA, LLC is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, military or veteran status, gender, color, or national origin in its employment practices.