Summary of Duties:
Under direct supervision, performs various routine and accommodative tasks for patients receiving any procedure in the scope of GI Lab services, including adolescents, adult and geriatric patients. Contributes to the overall function of the unit by assisting with clerical duties, housekeeping chores, instrument reprocessing, and nursing errands as designated. Assists with front office tasks as directed by the Nurse in charge.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist with the delivery of direct nursing care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Sets up appropriate equipment for procedures and ensures necessary supplies are available.
- Assist physician with procedure. Collects, prepares and label specimen accurately.
- Be able to explain procedures and expected sensations to patient and provide instructions to ensure patient cooperation and to minimize discomfort. Provides both emotional and physical support to patients during procedure.
- Takes and record vital signs. Be able to place blood pressure cuff, sensor for pulse oximeter, ECG leads, nasal cannula and grounding pad.
- Reports patient finding/observations to supervisor or RN responsible for the patient in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and follows infection control procedures according to policy. Supports and uphold established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Makes post procedure telephone calls.
- Documents on all forms/ computer as required.
- Maintains and understand expensive and fragile equipment.
- Maintains an adequate supply in procedure rooms, utility rooms, pre-op and recovery area, store room, linen room.
- Assists with admission/discharge procedures as directed.
- Provide back-up support for any area, including scope room, and office area.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
RN, LPN, Certified Medical Assistant or the equivalent. Able to follow written and verbal direction involving policy and procedure pertinent to patient care. Willingness to expand range of skills to include minor procedures and data entry. The ability to communicate effectively with patients, their families, and professional staff..
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Endoscopy Technician must be able to:
- Provide a high level of quality patient care and customer service at all times
- Work under pressure; assess, respond to, and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Maintain composure and set a professional example to patients and coworkers
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in person
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
Physical demands include full range of body motion including handling and lifting of patients, pushing , pulling and reaching. Good visual acuity, accurate color vision. Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel sensation to discern temperature, texture, size, and shape. Ability to speak and hear. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Mental demands include the ability to handle several directives and set priorities. Patient care environment with potential exposure to blood and body fluids which may carry infections to infectious disease, and to chemical and electrical hazards. Safety guidelines must be observed in the use of medical equipment.
Apply for this Position
To apply for a position at Atlanta Gastro, fill out the information below. Then, fill out the information below. Please upload your resume/CV and your completed Employment Application PDF. Once you have finished this job requisition, hit ‘Submit’.
AGA, LLC is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, military or veteran status, gender, color, or national origin in its employment practices.