Summary of Duties:
Responsible for assisting physicians and management with all clinical, clerical, and organizational tasks revolving around patient care. Manages patient charts and assumes responsibility for resolving patient requests including test results, prescription refills, and general healthcare questions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitors schedule and organizes patient flow for physician office visits or in-office procedures
- Accompanies patients to exam room; collects patient history and provides physical assessments as delegated by the physicians
- Schedules and obtains results for lab or radiology procedures; interprets and accurately communicates results to physicians and patients as necessary
- Performs or assists physician with in-office procedures and specialty patients including Remicade, Hydrogen Breath Tests, Pill Cam Endoscopies, Flexible Sigmoidoscopies, and Hepatitis C
- Manages patient charts to ensure clinical information is completed and filed appropriately
- Has knowledge of drug uses and dosage requirements; ensures sample medications are up to date
- Calls in prescription refills to pharmacies as needed
- Performs upkeep for exam and specialty procedure room with regards to sterilization and infection control, supplies, and equipment
- Performs emergency life-saving procedures if necessary
- Accurately provides or counsels patients and/ or relatives with pertinent information regarding medical treatment or procedures
- Answers emails and voicemails and returns patient calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Completes requests for information from other AGA staff and ensures that they are handled promptly and effectively to guarantee payment on patient accounts
- Abides by and promotes HIPAA compliance; maintains strictest confidentiality with regards to patient information
- Participates in staff meetings as directed by the Office Manager
- Participates in marketing activities as directed by the Office Manager
- Cross trains and performs other office functions including phone triage, check-in/check-out, scheduling, pre- certification, or medical records as directed by the Office Manager
- Any other duties and/or special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
Must be a currently Certified or Registered Medical Assistant and CPR Certification required. 2-3 years of specialty clinical experience, gastroenterology experience preferred. Medical Assistant/ LPN must be computer literate and able to operate healthcare system and multiple Microsoft Office applications.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Medical Assistant/ LPN must be able to:
- Possesses the ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
- Displays a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude
- Possesses compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in person
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated by the Office Manager
- Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment; travel within the Metro area required.
Apply for this Position
To apply for a position at Atlanta Gastro, fill out the information below. Then, fill out the information below. Please upload your resume/CV and your completed Employment Application PDF. Once you have finished this job requisition, hit ‘Submit’.
AGA, LLC is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, military or veteran status, gender, color, or national origin in its employment practices.