Summary of Duties:
Responsible for all duties revolving around the scheduling of patient appointments for procedures, follow-up office visits and ancillary services via telephone. Responsible for obtaining accurate documentation of patient information, management of physician and endoscopy center schedules and timely handling of medical records requests. Bilingual required, fluent Spanish preferred.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Schedules, reschedules, and manages cancellations and no shows for patient office visits and procedures
- Maintains and updates current information on physicians’ schedules and endoscopy block time; schedules patients according to physician availability and preference
- Collects and records accurate patient information according to the AGA Documentation Requirements
- Ensures all applicable procedures are scheduled in AGA endoscopy suites; coordinates scheduling of procedures in hospital if necessary
- Ensures all applicable ancillary services are scheduled at AGA
- Mails/Emails information packets to patients who are new to the practice
- Answers incoming calls in a timely and efficient manner; addresses questions regarding patient appointments and requests for information from referring providers
- Accurately provides or counsels patients and/ or relatives with pertinent information regarding medical treatment or procedures; distributes or mails preps to patients if necessary
- Preps and scans paper charts retrieved from off-site storage into Greenway
- Performs Quality Check on each scanned chart to ensure accuracy in scanning and filing
- Accurately files dictations, lab results, endoscopy/hospital reports, and any other patient related correspondence from the filing center in a timely manner; ensuring document names and dates are updated.
- Tasks filed documents to other staff members or physicians as appropriate.
- Enters prescription refills requests into Greenway for physician approval
- Ensures all filing center documents received before 3:00 pm are filed and tasked appropriately
- Prints, mails and/or faxes approved record requests to patients or other medical facilities
- Works with Patient Services Manager to coordinate off-site record storage and retrieval
- Meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards as set by the Patient Services Manager
- Answers emails and voicemails and returns patient calls in a timely and efficient manner
- Completes requests for information from other AGA staff and ensures that they are handled promptly and effectively to guarantee payment on patient accounts
- Abides by and promotes HIPAA compliance; maintains strictest confidentiality with regards to patient information
- Participates in staff meetings as directed by the Patient ServicesManager
- Participates in marketing activities as directed by the Patient Service Manager
- Participates in ongoing customer service training as directed by the Patient Service Manager
- Any other duties and/or special projects as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED required; Certified Medical Assistant preferred. Strong customer service skills a must. 2-3 years of specialty clinic experience, gastroenterology experience preferred. Bilingual required, fluent Spanish preferred. Staff member must be computer literate and able to operate healthcare system and multiple Microsoft Office applications.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Patient Service Representative must be able to:
- Possesses the ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
- Displays a professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude
- Possesses compassion for dealing with people who are ill and need help
- Plan, prioritize, and complete multiple tasks as delegated by the Office Manager
- Work under pressure; assess, respond, and communicate issues in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly with patients and coworkers through the telephone, email, and in-person
- Interpret and apply clinical and non-clinical policies and procedures
Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment; travel within the Atlanta Metro area required.
Apply for this Position
To apply for a position at Atlanta Gastro, fill out the information below. Then, fill out the information below. Please upload your resume/CV and your completed Employment Application PDF. Once you have finished this job requisition, hit ‘Submit’.
AGA, LLC is a drug free workplace. All offers of employment are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screening.
AGA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, military or veteran status, gender, color, or national origin in its employment practices.